I took a chance at something that is changing my life and it has nothing to do with money. Well it indirectly has something to do with money but here goes.
So here’s the back story. Back in 2012 I signed on with this lady to become a distributor with a company called It Works! I was gong ho and I just knew that I was going to make a lot of money with this company at 30 years old because in my mind, “Who doesn’t want to lose weight and get fit?” I was in for a a rude awakening and with little to no training or mentorship, I was lost, so not even three months after I begin I quit.
I’m generally not a quitter, but I had no idea what I was doing and my “upline” was not helpful. By this time I focused more on finishing school, I had just moved into my house and I was adjusting to my life as single mom. Divorce had been finalized in September of 2011, so I was a free woman, but I was scared as hell.
Fast forwarding six years, here I am now, 36 and I’m an It Works! Distributor again but with a FAR BETTER team and support system. The things that my leaders poor into us to keep us motivated is what I needed in 2012. All I can think about is how might my life been a little different had I stuck with the company? But I don’t have time to be concerned about that now, I can only make the best of everything I’m currently doing?
But to keep myself organized and not overworked I have implemented a “Pearl List”. The FIVE things I must do daily in order to reach my goals.
- Self-Development: It is so important to have my time alone with God and communicate with him the desires of my heart. Reading devotionals and praying keeps me grounded because I know that everything happens is his timing and not mine. I cannot be selfish in my efforts. Through praying and affirmations I know that there is a time and place for everything, so I’m running my own race, keeping God first and being realistic about my success.
- Messaging: In network marketing I contact anywhere from 30-50 people daily or I at least try to. I follow up with potential customers that have interacted with me on social media to gauge their interest and open up the lines of communication. I will be met with some no’s and disinterest, and I understand that I may even be blocked or ignored. But that does not deter me because failure is a display that I am trying. People are paying attention and pretty soon that NO will turn into a YES. I’m very OPTIMISTIC.
- Intentional Posting: I try to start my day off with inspiration and affirmation. I know that no one is going to believe in me more that me and even though I have support from others, I have to be PUMPED every single day to handle ALL of my tasks at hand—school, business, and personal. I share opportunities to try any of my 40+ plant-based products and even showcase the blessing of being able to work from home when I feel like it. I grasp the concept that what ever I put into my business, with God’s blessings it will be returned to me. I intend to reap what I sow. And lastly, my children are my why and my push. So I always talk about the highlights of my life and my children because they keep me grounded. I’m a business woman, but I VERY grounded.
- Networks: I try to keep my content reel in my Facebook (@LaTilyaWilliams and @tilyarealeyes) updated because sometimes people just like simple pictures, quick stories, questions, and polls. I can’t lie…my stories be LIT!!!! I do the same for my IG (@docwilliams81 and @tilyarealeyes). I know, I know 4 accounts…absolutely and once you visit them all you’ll understand why. I’m also trying to figure out Captivate…so pray for me saints…LOL!
- Expand: I will send a friend request with the quickness. I can’t lie though I was apprehensive at first but with the guidance of my business mentor, she said, “Add them, expand your network because that give you more exposure”. She was right and as my numbers continue to grow I am excited about the things that are to come.
I have labeled this time in my life as my season of yes because I feel really good about what’s going with my blogs, book projects, and business. I am relying on…
- my experiences because I’m willing to share my missteps and what works for me
- my patience because I’ve learned that hastened moves and immediacy can ruin me when not well thought out
- my ability to model and be an example so that people see that I am reliable and can be trusted.
I leaped back into the business and the good in my life is being returned to me. I have heard and will continue to say since I heard this… Your season has nothing to do with a set day, time, or age. When it is your time the opportunity will knock. Ready or not you have to decide to trust his will or your own.