I’m sitting here under my chocolate, velvet throw blanket on this gloomy day one day before my birthday. Tomorrow is MY National Holiday and I have the most random, sincere, thought-provoking and heartbreaking thoughts running through my mind.
35. The holidays have seemed to go by in a blur since 2009.
34. This is the first Christmas that my children have gone without seeing their father. (I’m sure someone will make sure to tell on me for this one… good for you!)
33. My children really do have everything they could ever ask for…go karts don’t count because they had gas powered four wheelers when they much younger (like 5 and 7)
32. How is the world did I manage to forget to renew my driver’s license the day before my birthday.
31. My husband’s problems overshadowed my graduation in June… I got my Doctorate, he lost his job shortly after.
30. One of my older cousins was murdered Mother’s Day weekend…we weren’t close but my mom was one of his favorite aunt’s.
29. It took me five years to complete my degree…Doctor of Education…I’m so damn proud of myself.
28. I self-published my first book and what an experience that has been. I’m proud of myself.
27. My babies are growing up…Lil Phil will be 13 in March, I’m not ready.
26. Preston is going to be in the 6th grade next school term; I am going to cry my eyes out…he’s my heartbeat.
25. I’m ready to transition into Higher Education…
24. One day I have got to make it to Jamaica…that is my dream trip. (Who’s going with me?)
23. I got so focused on someone else that I forgot to keep my “star player” in check…#LIFELESSON
22. I decided that I really like Patron…Anejo (the orange box)…it’s so smooth
21. I need a new hobby…I’m considering couponing (my children eat a lot)
20. I binge watched the third season of Power and it was alright, Angela really upset by turning on Ghost in the end… I blame Tommy!
19. I really have been living separately from HIM since July…trying to support his job opportunities. Now it’s a permanent separation! (Someone else will tell on me for this one too… Good job to you too!)
18. September introduced a shift in the atmosphere and I realized I had to get some things in order…your gut don’t lie.
17. It was time to lose weight, and I lost 20 lbs. I guess a little stress and watching what you eat does that to you.
16. I know most of these things on this list are not directly about me but they consume my thoughts.
15. For the past few months I literally have been waking up at 3:30 each morning, praying then going back to sleep. I can’t explain it, but my spirit just wasn’t resting well.
14. Some people think that I am strong because of the things that I have experienced, but most days I feel so anti and want to stay home because I get tired of PUSHING through the BS.
13. I have stopped trying to see the good in everybody…I either fool with you or I don’t…and if I don’t trust me, you’ll know.
12. Football season for my son’s was LIT! Preston got faster…he’s a beast…Young Primetime…Randy Moss in the making. I just adore him.
11. There is nothing wrong with coming home to the confines of my four walls and not fooling with people. I’ll socialize when I’m good and damn ready.
10. Being friends is better than relationships sometimes because as friends there are no lines to worry about crossing…laugh, have a good time, go your separate ways until you connect again! I Will Sing Sing this with a smile on my face!
9. Next year my plans will be laid out clearly and I will accomplish all of the goals that I set for myself…2017 is going to be EPIC!
8. God told me to sit down and not be so busy… I did then I was able to see.
7. God then told me to be quiet so I did then I was able to hear.
6. God told me to be honest so I was, then my heart became lighter; I was no longer caring the burden of unfulfilled love.
5. I got the toxic people out of my life and I’m still standing. Who cares what other’s think? People are going to talk anyway and only understand from their level of perception.
4. As hard as I work, I will never let another person bring me down again…I’ve accomplished too much. My resume looks GREAT at 35…IJS!
3. My heart is not hardened but I will guard my heart because it is the source of life. Love can come later…I’ll pass for now.
2. Who would have thought that three years after meeting someone they would become a distant memory.
1. 35 is another milestone. In my new year the goals I have set for myself can only be deterred by me and I am too ambitious to let myself down.
Happy Birthday to Me! 35 is year of dreams come true! 2017—7 the number of completion…I can’t wait to see what I will complete in the new year.